Erectile dysfunction is a problem that many men are exposed to. Problems with intimate life can arise both in the presence of serious diseases and as a result of severe stress or mental trauma. In any case, the representatives of the stronger sex are very sensitive to this topic. Fortunately, problems with the lack of an erection can be solved. Quite often, patients are prescribed the drug “Sildenafil citrate”, widely known also as “Viagra.” And many people are interested in questions about what this means is and how it affects the body. How much is the drug? Are there any complications on the background of its reception?
Composition and form of the drug
The drug “Sildenafil” is available in the form of small oval tablets of blue or blue. On the fault, they are white and almost white. In the pharmacy, you can purchase contiguous cell packs with 1, 2, 4, 10 or 20 tablets. The main active substance is sildenafil citrate – 100 mg, 50 mg or 25 mg in each tablet. Naturally, the composition contains other auxiliaries, in particular, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, Croscarmellose sodium, microcrystalline cellulose, and Providence. The film shell consists of polyvinyl alcohol, macrogol, talc, titanium dioxide, and also dyes based on iron and aluminum
What are the indications for use?
Perhaps the only indication for the use of the drug “Sildenafil citrate” is erectile dysfunction, namely, the inability to achieve and maintain an erection. It should be noted that this drug is effective only if there is appropriate sexual stimulation. And tablets “Sildenafil citrate” for women are not intended. After all, this drug is not a causative agent, its mechanism of action is associated with increased blood flow, which provides an erection, but not with an increase in sexual desire.
The drug “Sildenafil Citrate”: instructions and doses
Immediately it is worth noting that before taking pills, you need to consult a doctor. Only a specialist can accurately choose the most effective dose. As a rule, men are prescribed 50 mg of the active ingredient for the beginning. In the absence of the necessary reaction, the amount is raised to 100 mg. If, on the contrary, the initial dose caused side effects, it is reduced to 25 mg. At a time, no more than 100 mg of the active substance can be taken. It is not recommended to use tablets more often than once a day. Dosage for people suffering from kidney and liver diseases is 25 mg.
Immediately it is worthwhile to say that this medicine has contraindications, with a list of which it is necessary to familiarize yourself with: –
• Hypersensitivity to any of the constituents (carefully read the composition before use);
• Since “sildenafil citrate” enhances the action of nitrates, it cannot be used along with other donators of nitric oxide, any forms of nitrates and nitrites;
• Impaired metabolism of lactose, in particular, its intolerance, as well as a deficiency of lactase, glucose-galactose malabsorption;
• The drug is not intended for patients under the age of 18 years, as well as for women.
There are also so-called relative contraindications, against which background reception is possible, but only with all possible caution. This group includes various anatomical deformities of the penis, leukemia, thrombocythemia, sickle-cell anemia, hereditary retinitis pigmentosa, diseases accompanied by bleeding, including periods of peptic ulcer disease.
Potentially dangerous are such ailments as hypertension, hypotension, unstable angina, heart failure, stroke, a recent myocardial infarction. –
What are the possible side effects?
Despite the fact that the drug rarely causes serious side effects, they are still possible. These include:
• pain in the abdomen and chest, chills, face swelling, asthenia, hypersensitivity to light;
• allergic reactions;
• disorders of the nervous system, including increased drowsiness or insomnia, paresthesia, neuralgia, unusual dreams, convulsions, stroke, ataxia, decreased reflexes;
• problems in the work of the cardiovascular system, including an increase or a sharp decrease in blood pressure, myocardial infarction, tachycardia, fainting, arrhythmias, cerebral thrombosis, cardiomyopathy and heart failure;
• shortness of breath, cough, nosebleeds, sinusitis, bronchitis, increased coughing, asthma attacks and some other disorders on the part of the respiratory system;
• disorders of the digestive tract, namely, nausea, vomiting, glossitis, colitis, stomatitis, gingivitis, rectal bleeding, dryness of the oral mucosa, dysphasia;
• From the senses can be a pain in the eyes, visual impairment, cataracts, conjunctival lesions, pain and noise in the ears, vertigo, and deafness.
Other side effects include synovitis, arthritis, myalgia, bone pain, peripheral edema, pathological thirst, development of gout and unstable diabetes, as well as skin ulcers, anorgasmia, excessive sweating, incontinence, persistent and too long erections.
Is overdose possible? There is no exact information about the drug overdose. Nevertheless, the constant use of too high doses of the drug “Sildenafil Citrate” increases the likelihood of side effects, namely – dizziness, rapid heartbeat, violation of color vision, diarrhea, and nausea. That’s why you need to accurately follow the doctor’s recommended dose, and in the presence of any worsening, immediately consult a specialist.
Sildenafil Citrate price
Of course, for many patients, the question of the cost of a medicine is extremely important. So how much will the medicine “Sildenafil citrate” cost? The price, in this case, varies widely. Everything here depends on the manufacturer, the trade name (there are several drugs with the same basic composition), the price policy of the pharmacy, the city of residence, etc. 300-500 INR- this is how much one pill of the drug “Sildenafil citrate” will cost. You can buy a whole package in the pharmacy, but its cost, naturally,